Winners and Runners' Up of the Leatherhead & District
Business Awards 2015 Announced!
Leatherhead's business leaders came together to celebrate the winners of the Leatherhead & District Business Awards 2015 at an awards ceremony and dinner held on Monday 30th November at St John’s School, Leatherhead.
The Awards celebrate the achievements of businesses in the Leatherhead & District area and shine a spotlight on the companies and business leaders that make Leatherhead a great place to live, work and visit.
The event was organised by Prowse & Co Ltd in conjunction with the Leatherhead Chamber of Commerce. Sponsors included ExxonMobil, Leatherhead Advertiser, Leatherhead Chamber of Commerce, Prowse & Co, The Gatwick Diamond Initiative, Mole Valley District Council, Mundays LLP, Riverbridge House Business Centre, Surrey County Council, Platinum Business and Unilever UK.
More than sixty people gathered to see the award winners receive their trophies and certificates. Clare Cowan from BBC Radio Surrey acted as MC for the evening and guests included representatives from the sponsors and business personalities and journalists from the Leatherhead and District area. The event took place in the Old Chapel at St. John’s School, Leatherhead.
Speaking on behalf of the Judging Panel, Joanne Rogers, Managing Director of Prowse & Co. said: “We never fail to be amazed by the diversity of business talent within the Leatherhead & District Business Community. We extend our warmest congratulations to all those who contributed to the awards as nominees, judges, sponsors and guests.
The results were as follows:
1. Best Business Contribution to the Community sponsored by ExxonMobil
Winner: St John’s School
Runner Up: The Ashtead & Leatherhead Local Ltd
2. International Business of the Year, sponsored by the Gatwick Diamond
Winner: Pixel Projects
Runner Up: KBR
3. Professional Services Firm of the Year, sponsored by Prowse &
Winner: TWM Solicitors
Runner Up: Cisilion
4. Sustainable Organisation of the Year, sponsored by Unilever
Winner: Surrey Outdoor Learning & Development (SOLD)
Runner Up: British Coatings Federation
5. Leisure and Tourism Award, sponsored by Surrey County Council
Winner: Fetcham Park
Runner Up: Leatherhead Tennis Club
6. Retailer of the Year, sponsored by the Leatherhead Advertiser
Winner: Allsaints Enterprise CiC
Runner Up: Truly Carole Ann
7. Employer of the Year, sponsored by Mole Valley District Council
Runner up: Liquid Productions
8. Business of the Year, sponsored by the Leatherhead & District
Chamber of Commerce
Winner: Liquid Productions
Runner Up: Broadplace Advertising Ltd
9. Women in Business Award, sponsored by Mundays LLP
Winner: Lucy Quinnell – Fire & Iron Gallery
Runner Up: Be Kassapian – Be in the Kitchen Cookery School
10. Business Person of the Year, sponsored by Platinum Business
Winner: Be Kassapian – Be in the Kitchen Cookery School
Runner Up: Julia Britten – JBS Print & Design (Surrey) Ltd